Some of the ideas shared during the session on ways the whiteboard could be used.
- The white board could be overlayed on a video and the annotation tools used to highlight key points.
- You can ask students to place an X on a line to illustrate their experience or comfort level with something you are about to introduce.
- As an ice breaker you could put up a wall image and invite participants to create graffiti before the start of a live session.
- The whiteboard can also be an overlay on applications such as Access, Excel, etc.
- Use the whiteboard for a chalk talk activity and then export it as notes for the participants.
- Use for brainstorming activities.
- Use it for exporting notes for student review.
- Develop a slide deck loaded with images of walls, maps, squares, etc.that can be used on the fly for the whiteboard.
- Use animated gif's on the whiteboard.
Whiteboards can be printed. There are also two ways to export whiteboards: they can be saved as png or sent as a snapshot.
It is always valuable to be logged in as a participant so you can see how the screen appears to the participant. Another great piece of advice, spend time practicing with the setting and learning new techniques.
- I plan to continue to add to the list of ways the whiteboard can be used in Adobe Connect.
- I plan to test the whiteboard feature in breakout rooms